Effective as of Mar 24, 2023.
An up to date version of this document can be found online at https://www.fydl.fit/privacy-policy.html.
At Incogni Solutions LLP, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our users and their data. This policy applies to all users accessing our app on Android & iOS devices and outlines the information we collect, how we use it, and your rights related to the data.
We manufacture and sell smart dog collars (Fydl Collar) that use Bluetooth low-energy technology to continuously measure a dog's activity and its health. We may access geolocation information on Mobile devices solely for the purpose of finding and syncing data with the Fydl Collar so as to provide instant activity status updates. We do not save or sell any information related to geolocation.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us
The personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
• Contact information such as your name, email address, occupation, billing address, and phone number,
• Demographic information such as your location and postal code.
• Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Service, photograph, links to your Instagram profile, interests, preferences, information about your dog such as your dog’s name, gender, breed, and ranking, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
• Precise geolocation data, such as your location when you expressly opt-in to allow us to use your Bluetooth connection so that we can connect to your Fydl Collar in order to provide our Service. Fydl Collar data, such as information about your dog’s sleep trends and fitness activity.
• Communications data, based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
• Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders on or through the Service, including subscription information, order numbers and transaction history.
• Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them
• User-generated content data, such as profile pictures, photos, images, ratings, comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
• Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
• Third-party services, such as social media services, that you use to log into, or otherwise link to, your Service account. This data may include your username, profile picture and other information associated with your account on that third-party service that is made available to us based on your account settings on that service.
• Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
• Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
• Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
• Location data, if you authorise our Service to access your device’s location (in order to automatically connect to your Fydl Collar), then we use this information to provide you with our Service of connecting to the Fydl collar and syncing data in the background.
• Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the following technologies:
• Cookies are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both "session cookies" that are deleted when a session ends, "persistent cookies" that remain longer, "first party" cookies that we place and "third party" cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
• Local storage technologies, like HTML5, provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
• Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
• Data about others: We may offer features that help users invite their friends, dog walkers, or contacts to use the Service, and we may collect contact details about these invitees so we can deliver their invitations. Our Service may request access to your contact list to allow us to send invitations. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact details with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery and business operations
We may use your personal information to:
• enable us to connect to your Fydl smart collar and automatically sync data;
• provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
• establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
• facilitate social features of the Service, such as by identifying and suggesting connections with other users of the Service and providing chat or messaging functionality
• enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
• communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate;
• understand your needs and interests, personalise your experience with the Service and our communications; and
• provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback
Research and development
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyse and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data from the personal information we collect. We make personal information into de-identified or anonymized data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated, de-identified or otherwise anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising
We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
• Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
With your consent
In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Cookies and similar technologies
In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
1. Technical operation
To allow the technical operation of the Service, such as by remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the site and whether you are logged in when you visit password-protected areas of the Service.
To enhance the performance and functionality of our Services.
To help our third-party advertising partners collect information about how you use the Service and other online services over time, which they use to show you ads on other online services they believe will interest you and measure how the ads perform.
To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. For example, we use Google Analytics for this purpose. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how to prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites here.
We generally retain personal information to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we may consider factors such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we may either delete it, anonymize it, or isolate it from further processing.
How we share your personal information
Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, consumer research and website analytics).
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the Service and accessing the account settings section (if applicable).
Opt-out of marketing communications.
You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Similarly, on Whatsapp, you can send a "STOP" message to stop communications from Fydl. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Mobile location data
You can disable our access to your device’s precise geolocation in your mobile device settings. However, note that we may be unable to provide you with auto sync for Fydl Collar.
You may be able to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising through the following settings/options/tools:
• Browser settings. Changing your internet web browser settings to block third-party cookies.
• Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Using privacy browsers and/or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
• Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising. You may be able to exercise that option at the following websites:
– FreshChat: https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/
• Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies that participate in the following industry opt-out programs:
– Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
– Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
– AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
• Mobile settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device and browser from which you wish to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
• Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track" please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
• Declining to provide location information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain Services, particularly with respect to your mobile device Bluetooth connection so that we can connect to your Fydl Collar. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, including your Bluetooth connection, then we may not be able to provide those services.
• Delete your content or close your account. You can choose to delete certain content through your account. If you wish to request to close your account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please write to email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: A302, Nandi Retreat Apts, Off Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru - 560076